You can avoid most if not all of the IE9/WordPress problems by placing a certain meta tag in the head section of your website. This meta tag instructs the IE9 browser to emulate a more compatible version of Internet Explorer(IE8) so that the website will not break. It’s ok if you don’t understand HTML
- Log into WordPress as admin.
- Select ‘Editor’ under the ‘Appearance’ button on the left menu.
- Click the ‘Header’ link on the right side of the screen.
- Copy this line of text:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8" >
- Read through the code in the text field and where you see a line of text that begins something like ‘<meta….’ place the cursor in front of it and paste the markup text.
- Click the ‘Update File’ button.